About our Lodging on the Adirondack Trail
Our traditional cabins near Northville, (7 miles), Saratoga Springs (45 miles) and Albany (70 miles), offer Adirondack Trail lodging with a delightful combination of early 20th century ambience and up-to-date 21st century amenities. The original period furniture maintains the roadside character of our rustic cabins, while new beds and linens, along with thoughtful furnishings, such as Internet access and air-conditioning provide the hospitality required by today’s Adirondack traveler. A small refrigerator and mini-pantry come stocked with all that you will need for either a cold or hot customized “in-cabin breakfast.”
Our breakfast nook includes your coffee maker, toaster oven, microwave and pantry with additional kitchen items you might need. Your screened front porch allows you to enjoy the Adirondack sights and sounds while lingering over that second cup of coffee. In the tradition of bed & breakfasts, your modern bathroom is down the hall, which in “Adirondack-speak” means a short walk across our lawn. Bathhouse robes, carryalls, and mature landscaping make your short stroll easy and scenic. Each of our heated and cooled cabins offers a little something different; choose your favorite cabin based on the distinctive features listed below.
- 1 night’s deposit is required at time of reservations.
- A two-night minimum may apply at certain times.
- There is a 72-hour cancellation policy for a deposit refund minus an administrative fee.
- Additional evening charges are applied 3 days before your arrival, and your receipt will be ready at check-in.
- Master Card, Visa and American Express are accepted.
- Rates include breakfast and are subject to state and local taxes of 8%.
- Check-in is between 3 pm and 6 pm. Please discuss possible exceptions with your innkeeper at time of reservations. Arriving during daylight provides us with the best time to orient you to the property.
- Check out is no later than 10:30 am.
- Our entire property is smoke & substance free. A fee of $100 will be charged should you violate our policy.
- Pets must be leashed and with owners at all times when on the property.
- Owners must police their pets in designated areas.
- Pets may not be left in the cabins alone.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Our pond is home to our “pet trout”; no fishing allowed.
- Fishing elsewhere? Remember your license.
- Children must be accompanied by adults when walking the upper and lower yards.
- There is no smoking permitted anywhere on the property or in the cabins.
- Our riverbanks are 10 feet above the river, which prohibits access to the Sacandaga River from the property.
- There is easy access to the Sacandaga River, the Great Sacandaga Lake, Lake Agonquin, Lake Willis, & other bodies of water in our area.
- For your protection and safety, always wear shoes while walking the property.
- Our Cat Innkeeper, Willie, will greet you from inside his protected yard; please do not open the gate.
- There is no cell service in Hope. The closest reception is North five miles in Wells or South 9 miles in Northville.
- Our Internet service is wireless and available to use with your laptop in two cabins.
Quaint is one word. Spectacular is another. “Where the river meets the mountains in the woods”…a very special place you have found and made it your own. I am certain this place in the woods has restored hope to more than a few. Thank you for making our stay so warm and cozy…lovely! Breakfast was VERY good and with Almond milk! We’re glad you had an opening for us. We appreciated every little detail. ~L&B