Day Trips near the Cabins in Hope
The innkeepers are ready to help you enjoy your time in the Adirondacks! Our concierge services are available to you at your request. We have maps and trail guides to lend to you. Better yet, we’ll listen to you and help plan your activities—what would make your day special- a trip to a quaint covered bridge, yards away from your parked car – a walk on a suspension bridge over the Sacandaga alone with nature – the best restaurant to celebrate that special occasion – a wonderful walk in the woods with your dog. All of it’s available within a reasonable drive from the Cabins.
Leave your cares behind and experience an unforgettable Adirondack Mountain vacation at The Cabins in Hope and The Cottage in Benson. The Central Adirondacks area has a wealth of interesting activities and attractions that are sure to please everyone’s tastes.
From outdoor activities such as boating on Blue Mountain Lake to rafting on the Hudson River to historic sites like The Copeland Covered Bridge, the Caroga Historical Museum, and Old Fort Johnson, not to mention hiking, swimming, fishing, golfing, horseracing, canoeing, and so much more, you surely will run out of time before you run out of things to do, which means…before you even leave The Cabins in Hope, you’ll be planning your next visit!
Visit our Concierge Services page for more information on attractions and services in our area.
Activities within 30 minutes:
- Hiking Trails: Hope Falls, Auger Falls, Austin Falls, Christine Falls, West branch of the Sacandaga at White House, Bennett, Middle, & Murphy Lake.
- Launch your canoe/kayak/tube: Willis Lake, Lake Algonquin, or Sacandaga River.
- Swim: Lake Algonquin, Christine Falls
- Visit the Wells used bookstore
- Launch your kayak/canoe on the Kunjamuk River, Lake Pleasant, Sacandaga Lake
- Activities at Camp of The Woods/Tapawingo/Deerfoot
- Rent a boat (canoe, power, pontoon) and enjoy Lake Pleasant or Sacandaga Lake (which is different than The Great Sacandaga Lake in Northville).
- Swim at the municipal beach right on Route 30 or travel down Rte. 28 to Moffit’s Beach where you sun on a sandy beach.
- Launch your boat at the public sites on the Great Sacandaga Lake
- Golf at Sacandaga Park (9 holes or mini golf). See the Concierge Services page for other golf courses.
- Drive the perimeter of the Great Sacandaga Lake spotting all 44 historical markers. Rent a canoe or kayak at the Northhampton NYS Camp Ground.
- Rent a powerboat for cruising The Great Sacandaga Lake
- Fish with a local guide
Caroga Lake and north
- Rent a pontoon boat and cruise The Great Sacandaga Lake
- Visit one of the few remaining covered bridges in NY-The Copeland
Activities within 60 minutes:
- Raft down the Hudson River
- Hike – more than 30 trails off/near Route 30
Blue Mountain Lake:
- Take a 2-hr historic boat tour on Blue Mountain, Eagle, & Utowana lakes
- Rent your own boat & discover the beauty of Blue Mt Lake
Visit the Adirondack Museum. The scope will amaze you. There are multiple buildings describing everything from the history of logging to the building of the railroads and great camps to support the tourist industry of the late 19th and early 20th century.
- Raft/tube down the Sacandaga River.
- Climb Hadley Mountain for a fabulous view of the Great Sacandaga Lake.
- Attend a Live Nation, NY Ballet or Philadelphia Philharmonic performance at SPAC
- Visit the National Museum of Racing and tour the track
- Have “Breakfast with the horses”
- Attend the races
- Visit Skidmore College
- Golf at the State Park
- Golf at Saratoga National
- Have a SPA treatment at the historic spa.
- SHOP and DINE downtown.
Activities within approximately 90 minutes:
- Cruise Raquette Lake on the WW Durant
- Tour the Great Camp Sagamore, former summer home of the Vanderbilts
- Picnic at beautiful and easily accessible Buttermilk Falls
- Take a seaplane ride
- Visit Hoss’ store
- See Adirondack Park Visitors Center
- Take any number of cruises.
- Mingle & shop with the masses but return to the beauty & peace of your cabin.
Worth the trip in less than 2 hours:
- See the Adirondack Park Visitors Center