When you choose lodging at The Cabins in Hope for your Adirondack Park vacation, you don’t have to venture far to experience the wide range of activities and attractions our area has to offer.
Staying at The Cabins in Hope gives you access to numerous activities designed to enjoy the best of being in the Adirondack Mountains: nature. Explore the area’s river, mountains, lakes, and trails. You can hike, swim, boat or sit…surrounded by never- ending beautiful views. We will help you find the activity that suits your time and interest. The innkeepers take the stress of planning “off your plate.” We have maps, directions and recommendations for everything from dining to canoeing. We will provide information to you before your arrival or while you are visiting with us. Our Day Trips page provides many suggestions.
At the same time we are not a remote location-you will have access to the consumer services of small towns (Northville, Wells and Speculator) and moderately sized cities (Amsterdam, Gloversville & Johnstown).
- Johnstown- 28 miles south- Route 30A provides access to shopping centers auto service and medical care.
- Gloversville- 24 miles south
- Mayfield- 19 miles south
- Northville- 10 miles south- Downtown Northville stores include a grocery store, drug store and a 5& dime. The later offers great values and a retro experience. There are 4 moderately priced eateries and 2 higher priced restaurants.
- Wells- 6 miles north
- Speculator- 19 miles north
- Indian Lake- 43 miles north- The Lake Store is a must see- great souvenirs and an old fashion ice cream fountain.
- Water activities- lake side beaches are in Wells, North Hampton campground and Moffit’s Beach campground.
- Golfing- Sacandaga Golf is a 9-hole course 9 miles south. There are 7 other courses within day trip distance. The drive gives you an opportunity to see more of The Park.
- Restaurants- the choices within the towns listed above are
- Medical/dental facilities- Nathan Littaeur is in Gloversville